32-bit PowerPC ABI used in the macppc arch

32-bit PowerPC ABI used in the macppc arch

Peter J. Philipp-3
Hi,

I am working on converting ofwreal.S to 64-bit and I'm basing the stack
(section 3.2.2) off this document:

http://refspecs.linuxfoundation.org/ELF/ppc64/PPC-elf64abi.html

I haven't found a 32-bit version of this, what did OpenBSD use for macppc?

I have in the meanwhile gotten a book called "Mac OS X Internals" by Amit
Singh and it's a good book, it has a section regarding the 32 bit stack.
It talks about a Darwin ABI, would that help me any in OpenBSD/macppc?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
-peter

Re: 32-bit PowerPC ABI used in the macppc arch

Mark Kettenis
> Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 19:55:00 +0200
> From: "Peter J. Philipp" <[hidden email]>
>
> Hi,
>
> I am working on converting ofwreal.S to 64-bit and I'm basing the stack
> (section 3.2.2) off this document:
>
> http://refspecs.linuxfoundation.org/ELF/ppc64/PPC-elf64abi.html
>
> I haven't found a 32-bit version of this, what did OpenBSD use for macppc?
>
> I have in the meanwhile gotten a book called "Mac OS X Internals" by Amit
> Singh and it's a good book, it has a section regarding the 32 bit stack.
> It talks about a Darwin ABI, would that help me any in OpenBSD/macppc?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

http://refspecs.linux-foundation.org/elf/elfspec_ppc.pdf

There is also a newer version that we don't completely implement:

https://www.polyomino.org.uk/publications/2011/Power-Arch-32-bit-ABI-supp-1.0-Linux.pdf

Cheers,

Mark

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 08:38:42PM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:

> > Any help is appreciated.
>
> http://refspecs.linux-foundation.org/elf/elfspec_ppc.pdf
>
> There is also a newer version that we don't completely implement:
>
> https://www.polyomino.org.uk/publications/2011/Power-Arch-32-bit-ABI-supp-1.0-Linux.pdf
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Thanks!  A lot makes more sense now.