[3.3] Compiled pkgs for VAX ?

Dario Niedermann-2
Hello and a question for the old timers...

I'm running OpenBSD/vax 3.3 on an emulated VAX. Since I'd like to
add some software to the base system, I was wondering if an official
CD was ever issued with pre-built packages for this architecture.

If so, does anyone know if/where it's available?
Web searches turned out unfruitful.

I do have a matching ports tree, but a pre-compiled set
sure would be convenient.

TIA!

--
Dario Niedermann.                 Also on the Internet at:

gopher://darioniedermann.it/  <>  https://www.darioniedermann.it/

Re: [3.3] Compiled pkgs for VAX ?

Otto Moerbeek
On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 02:29:48PM +0100, Dario Niedermann wrote:

> Hello and a question for the old timers...
>
> I'm running OpenBSD/vax 3.3 on an emulated VAX. Since I'd like to
> add some software to the base system, I was wondering if an official
> CD was ever issued with pre-built packages for this architecture.
>
> If so, does anyone know if/where it's available?
> Web searches turned out unfruitful.
>
> I do have a matching ports tree, but a pre-compiled set
> sure would be convenient.
>
> TIA!
>
> --
> Dario Niedermann.                 Also on the Internet at:
>
> gopher://darioniedermann.it/  <>  https://www.darioniedermann.it/

Why 3.3? Latest release for vax is 5.8. That one has packges online.

        -Otto

Re: [3.3] Compiled pkgs for VAX ?

Janne Johansson-3
ftp.eu.openbsd.org probably houses the most of any mirror I know of, but
lacks packages for a certain amount of releases.
Upgrade to 3.4 and:
https://ftp.eu.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/3.4/packages/vax/
has some for you. The rest, is for you to build.

But as Otto said, later releases are probably 'better'.