(2nd) Syntax error with pf rules

Adam Smith
Hi guys,

I have another syntax error with one of my pf rules that I hope you will be able to fix.

Thanks.

Adam

The rule:

set debug urgent

comes with the following error message:

pfctl: unknown debug level "urgent"
/etc/pfcustom.conf 13: error setting debuglevel "urgent"
pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded.
http://www.DCpages.com

Re: (2nd) Syntax error with pf rules

Luis Coronado-3
A much better approach is to do:

$ man pf.conf

This and the previous question will be easily answered by reading the
manual page.

-luis

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Adam Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have another syntax error with one of my pf rules that I hope you will
> be able to fix.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Adam

> The rule:
>
> set debug urgent
>
> comes with the following error message:
>
> pfctl: unknown debug level "urgent"
> /etc/pfcustom.conf 13: error setting debuglevel "urgent"
> pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded.
> http://www.DCpages.com

Re: (2nd) Syntax error with pf rules

Otto Moerbeek
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 10:26:36AM -0700, Adam Smith wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have another syntax error with one of my pf rules that I hope you will be able to fix.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Adam

> The rule:
>
> set debug urgent
>
> comes with the following error message:
>
> pfctl: unknown debug level "urgent"
> /etc/pfcustom.conf 13: error setting debuglevel "urgent"
> pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded.
> http://www.DCpages.com

Ths is something you can find in the pf.conf man page very easily,
why bother us?

        -Otto

Re: (2nd) Syntax error with pf rules

Bryan Vyhmeister-3
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016, at 10:26 AM, Adam Smith wrote:
> set debug urgent
>
> comes with the following error message:
>
> pfctl: unknown debug level "urgent"
> /etc/pfcustom.conf 13: error setting debuglevel "urgent"
> pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded.

Although you didn't specify (a dmesg would have been helpful), you are
running -current that is post-5.8 and possibly close to what 5.9 will
be. Although 5.9 is not officially released yet and this document is not
necessarily complete, the issue is listed here:

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade59.html

It used to be listed at http://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html

Bryan

Re: (2nd) Syntax error with pf rules

Ricardo Mestre-2
Hi Adam,

Please read http://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade59.html, there's a section for pf.conf(5)
which explains why you're receiving that message.

Regards,
mestre

On 10:26 Tue 29 Mar     , Adam Smith wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have another syntax error with one of my pf rules that I hope you will be able to fix.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Adam

> The rule:
>
> set debug urgent
>
> comes with the following error message:
>
> pfctl: unknown debug level "urgent"
> /etc/pfcustom.conf 13: error setting debuglevel "urgent"
> pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded.
> http://www.DCpages.com

Re: (2nd) Syntax error with pf rules

Adam Smith
Hi Mestre

Thanks but your URL points to a 404 error.

Regards

Adam

http://www.DCpages.com

Re: (2nd) Syntax error with pf rules

Adam Smith
Hi Bryan

Thanks for the link.

Yes, I am using the latest snapshot of OpenBSD.

Regards.

Adam