128MB PCIe x16 ATI FireGL V3400

StrongBad
Reading various pages and docs I conclude that the card offered in
Dell computers
"128MB PCIe x16 ATI FireGL V3400" is not supported in OpenBSD
(beyond, perhaps,
VGA). Do I conclude correctly, please?

--
Jack J. Woehr
Director of Development
303-443-7000 ext. 527

Re: 128MB PCIe x16 ATI FireGL V3400

Matthieu Herrb
Jack J. Woehr wrote:
> Reading various pages and docs I conclude that the card offered in Dell
> computers
> "128MB PCIe x16 ATI FireGL V3400" is not supported in OpenBSD (beyond,
> perhaps,
> VGA). Do I conclude correctly, please?

This card should work unaccelerated with the vesa driver, given that the
manufacturer has provided a decent VESA BIOS on it.

In the future there's some hope that the new X.Org avivo driver can be
ported to OpenBSD and that it will support this card.

--
Matthieu Herrb