006: SECURITY FIX

matthias holl
hello openbsd team,

i would like to install the patch

006: SECURITY FIX: Jan 10, 2014   All architectures
A BDF font file containing a longer than expected string could overflow a
buffer on the stack in the X server.

but i dont have in /usr the directory xenocara ?

maybe i am stupid ? :) i am running openbsd 5.4 with all patches ,
amd64 ,quadcore

maybe you can help me ? thanks for your patience

thanks guys for this awesome operating system. openBSD rulez

with the best wishes from germany
mat

Re: 006: SECURITY FIX

Barry Grumbine-2
You need to check out xenocara separately, this might help:
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#Xbld

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM, matthias holl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello openbsd team,
>

> i would like to install the patch
>
> 006: SECURITY FIX: Jan 10, 2014   All architectures
> A BDF font file containing a longer than expected string could overflow a
> buffer on the stack in the X server.
>
> but i dont have in /usr the directory xenocara ?
>
> maybe i am stupid ? :) i am running openbsd 5.4 with all patches ,
> amd64 ,quadcore
>
> maybe you can help me ? thanks for your patience
>
> thanks guys for this awesome operating system. openBSD rulez
>
> with the best wishes from germany
> mat

Re: 006: SECURITY FIX

Stuart Henderson
On 2014/01/16 10:01, Barry Grumbine wrote:
> You need to check out xenocara separately, this might help:
> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#Xbld

Alternatively, this is covered by m:tier's binpatches, see https://stable.mtier.org/

binpatch54-i386-libXfont-1.0